Patron: Immaculate Conception
Address: Catholic Church, Pipersatti (P.O.) Pondy-Dalha – 495 552 (Via) Akaltara, Janjgir-Champa Dt., CG
The history of Pipersatti mission is inseparably linked with the life of Msgr. Joseph Wengert. In the 1940s the school at Pipersatti was started by him. In the early 50’s he constructed a house which served as the church, school, and part of it as his residence. Msgr. Wengert resided here from 1959-60.
The SMMI Sisters had started a convent here in 1957. They were visiting the villages besides teaching and providing the villagers with medical help. The convent was closed down in 1965. In 1964 the priest’s residence and church were constructed. For a long time, there was no resident priest and the mission was looked after from Parsahi. This station is now entrusted to the Jesuit society from 2003. The primary school is a grant in aid School and many rural children are benefitting from it.