Patron : Christ the King
Established : 1937
Address : Catholic Church, Kutela, SARAIPALI – 493 558
Catholics : 1007
It was Rev. Fr. Joseph Wengert who sowed the seed of faith in this area. In 1937 he shifted his residence to Kutela where he built a presbytery as well as a Hindi Medium School. Salesian Sisters (SMMI) also started working in Kutela. The Sisters run a dispensary, a hostel for girls, besides being actively involved in the parish pastoral work. There are 4 village chapels where Holy Mass is regularly celebrated.
After Rev. Fr. Joseph Wengert, Rev. Frs. John D’Souza and Bernard Rosario continued the work until the Pallottine Fathers took over in 1952. From then on, Kutela mission was served by many zealous Pallottines. Rev. Frs. Werner Hunold and Robert Abele distinguished themselves by their extensive missionary work in the area. Kutela mission had many village chapels where Holy Mass used to be offered, though many of them are no more. Kutela mission has two schools: one English Medium and one Hindi Medium. The parish also runs a hostel for boys.