Patron : Catholic church
Established : 2002
Address : Catholic Church, BELGAHNA P.O 495 116, Bilaspur Dt., C. G.
Catholics : 1500
At Belgahna and its surrounding villages, there are many Oraon Tribal Catholics who have migrated from the neighbouring dioceses. Rev. Fr. John Y. David was appointed in 2002 to do the pioneering work. Rev. Fr. Vargheese Thekkekut joined him in 2003 to continue to do the pioneering work. They contacted many Catholics in the nearby villages. With a view to developing the area, a plot of land was purchased for presbytery and church. A church and Priests’ residence are built. There are sub centres like Mungeli, Pathariya, Lormi, Jhakadbanda, Parsapani, and Bicharpur where there are regular liturgical services conducted. The Sisters of the Mercy of the Holy Cross has opened their convent and are planning to open a school. Mungeli is now made a separate Parish with Pathariya, Lormi, Thakadband as sub-station.