Patron : St. Theresa of Child Jesus
Established : 1993
Address : Catholic Church,St. Joseph’s Town,Amlidih, Ravigram P.O.Raipur Dt. – 492 006, C.G.
Catholics : 1200
In the 90’s there was a planned effort to start a Catholic colony for the Catholics of Raipur. The land was found in bulk in Amlidih. Many tribal Catholics brought plots there and St. Joseph Town came to exist with St. Joseph Senior Secondary School. Many Catholics working in Bhopal came to the new capital of Raipur after the creation of Chhattisgarh. Around St. Joseph’s Town many more colonies developed wherein Catholics who migrated preferred to build their residences and Amlidih became a big parish. The concept of a Catholic colony came from a group of Diocesan priests. The development in initial stage was entrusted to Fr. John Y. David as he was the Parish Priest of St. Joseph’s Cathedral at that time. Retired Priests’ Home – Vianney Home and a convent of Congregation of the Mother of Carmel(CMC) are also here. The sisters teach in the school and help in the retired priests’ home taking care of the sick ones. A new beautiful church was constructed under the leadership of Fr. Sebastian Thadathil and was blessed by His Grace Most Rev. Victor Henry, the Archbishop of Raipur on May 03, 2016.